Your nose is one of the most prominent features on your face. Rhinoplasty is a plastic surgery procedure that alters the internal structure of the nose to improve its function or external appearance. With the help of Dr. Correa, a board-certified plastic surgeon, your nose can be reshaped to enhance your natural beauty.
Types of Rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty surgery is as individual as the patient. Exact techniques used are a little different each time, but in general, procedures are one of the following:
- Open Rhinoplasty allows the surgeon more complete access to the nasal structures to sculpt the nose into the desired shape. This technique is used for more extensive reshaping. A small scar is well-hidden in the natural contours of the nose.
- Closed Rhinoplasty is most commonly used for patients in need of minor adjustments. This technique results in no visible scarring since the incisions are made inside the nostrils.
Tip-plasty refers to an area of reshaping, rather than the incision techniques. This procedure reshapes the nasal tip only, without affecting other nasal structures. The open or closed technique can be used for a tip-plasty.
What Changes Can I Make to My Nose?
Whether you’re seeking a rhinoplasty to address a functional issue or to make an aesthetic change, reshaping the bone, cartilage and skin can help achieve your goals. Dr. Correa is well-versed in making subtle changes that create natural-looking results. He has helped men and women with one or more of the following:
- Straighten a crooked nose
- Smooth a prominent bump on the bridge of the nose
- Reduce the length of an over-protruding nasal tip
- Refine the size of a bulbous nasal tip
- Narrow a nose that is too wide for the face
- Reduce the size of a nose that is too large
- Restore symmetry to the nose following injury
- Correct breathing problems by opening up blocked nasal passages
During your consultation, you may be able to get an idea of what your nose will look like with manipulated photos.
Rhinoplasty Consultations Available
Recovery & Aftercare
Rhinoplasty is typically performed as an outpatient procedure. Most surgeries are completed using general anesthesia, but in certain cases, local anesthesia with intravenous sedation may be appropriate.
Following your procedure, your nose may be placed in a splint to support and protect it from accidental contact. Any packing inside your nostrils will be removed within the first week.
Bruising and swelling may be present for the first two weeks but will subside over time. Most patients are ready to return to work or school after one or two weeks, with non-contact activities resuming after at least three weeks.
Dr. Correa will prescribe any medication to help minimize discomfort during recovery. It is important to follow aftercare instructions carefully to protect your results.
Dr Correa and staff did an excellent job taking care of me from start to finish. They were very realistic about the results i could expect and did a great job helping me achieve them. This was my first surgery and it was needed primarily to help with a nose breathing problem but I did have the bump on my nose fixed for looks. Finding the right doctor can be difficult as your nose can really define how you look. Well I can honestly say im glad I chose Dr Correa because I can actually breath through my nose properly for the first time and i love my new look.
Take the Next Step
Interested in learning more about Rhinoplasty procedures? Schedule your free consultation with Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon Dr. Correa by filling out the form on this page or by calling Correa Plastic Surgery at (281) 918-8803. Proudly serving patients in The Woodlands & Houston, TX.
*Individual results may vary.